Coverage is available for condos used as rentals or occupied by you on a full-time or seasonal basis. Coverage applies for the parts of your unit that are not covered by your condo association’s insurance policy.
When you purchase insurance for your condo, you will receive coverage for:
- Portions of your individual unit
- Personal property in the unit
- Additional living costs (owner occupied) - when a covered claim means you cannot occupy your home, this coverage will pay for the additional costs you incur
- Fair rental value (tenant occupied) - If you cannot rent the unit due to a covered loss, we will pay for your loss of rental income
- Limited coverage for Association Deductibles and Association Loss Assessment (higher limits available)
- Family Cyber Protection – this coverage protects you against perils such as Online Extortion, Social Engineering, Identity Theft, and System Compromise
Additional coverage options:
- Liability (included on owner occupied condos and optional on rental/seasonal condos) - if you are sued for a covered incident that occurred on your premises, we will pay for an attorney, court costs and any damages awarded, up to the policy limits
- Replacement contents - items destroyed by a covered cause of loss will be replaced
- Sewer backup
Your local knowledgeable agent will direct you to the policy that fits your needs. Find an agent.
Equipment Breakdown Coverage
Our Equipment Breakdown coverage broadens your policy and covers against loss by mechanical or electrical breakdown that was previously excluded.
Typical loss for your condo:
Imagine the air-conditioning system in the home quitting during a heat wave. The repairman informs you that the compressor had an internal failure and needs to be replaced. Most condo policies won’t cover this, but with our Equipment Breakdown addition, you’ll be covered. We’ll pay for the repairs, less the deductible.
Some restrictions and exclusions do apply. See policy for exact coverage description.
What does this coverage cost?
$35 annually (no matter how many dwellings), and a deductible of only $500 (no matter your policy deductible)
- Compressors, pumps, engines
- Electrical systems
- Home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines)
- Hot-water heaters
- Motors, fans, vacuum systems
- Refrigerators and freezers